Our Commitment to Privacy
We are glad that you have chosen to shop at Greenmountainhorse.com. We are committed to protecting your privacy online. This is our policy and methods on collecting and releasing information that you provide to us while using our web site, Greenmountainhorse.com. This document will specify what specific information is collected and whether it is kept confidential or shared with or sold to other firms, researchers, or sellers. We respect your privacy and intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information.
Questions and Feedback
Green Mountain Horse and Tack
PO Box 308
Sharon Center, Ohio 44256
Information That You Provide us
We accept and store information that you submit on Greenmountainhorse.com or by any other means including order placement on our web site, in person at our physical store and via email correspondence. This information may include name, address, phone numbers, email address, and other personal information. We do not store credit card information you may use to make a purchase.
Web Site Information
Technical information is collected for analysis about how customers interact with Greenmountainhorse.com including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser types, operating systems, pages viewed, links, dates, times and other information.
Like most websites, we utilize a standard “clickstream“ data technology call “cookies” to differentiate you from other shoppers, store and retrieve information about your interaction with the web site, such as items in your shopping cart or wish list, pages accessed and past activities on our web site.
Email Information and Contact Forms
We may collect, store and use any information that you submit via email or any of the forms on our web site. We may also collect information about email communications regarding which links were opened or if the email was opened. From time to time you may receive promotional messages by email from us. You will have the option to opt out of such communications at the bottom of these emails. We do not, and will not, share your email or other information with third parties.
How We Use Collected Information
Data is collected for the purpose of administering our business activities such as completing and tracking orders, customer service, communications with customers, administering giveaways and other promotional activities, customizing your shopping experience, troubleshooting, improving our web site design and functionality, and other uses for our business.
Links to Other Web Sites
When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial information, we redirect visitors to a secure server that is protected by an SSL certificate using at least 128-bit encryption. We have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our web site.
Access and Consent
Upon request, we will provide web site visitors with access to unique identifier information such as customer ID number that we maintain about them, transaction information such as dates of transactions, purchase amounts and products purchased. Consumers can access this information by emailing email@example.com or by writing us at the above listed address. All customer information can also be changed or corrected by logging into your account at Greenmountainhorse.com.
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records or deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
Specifically, we have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve months:
Real names, aliases, postal addresses, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses, email addresses, account names, social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, and other similar identifiers.
Names, signatures, Social Security numbers, addresses, telephone numbers, driver’s license or state identification card numbers, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, debit card numbers, and other financial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet and Network Activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. We obtain the personal information listed above from forms you complete or products and services you purchase, and by observing your actions on our website.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
* To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in order for us to purchase goods or services, we will use that information to prepare and ship the items that you have purchased.
* To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
* To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
* To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
* To improve our website and present its contents to you.
* For testing, research, analysis, and product development.
* As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients, or others.
* To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
* As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
* The categories of personal information we collected about you.
* The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you. Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing that personal information.
* The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
* The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
* If we shared or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
* The sharing, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchase; and
* Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You can exercise your right to know by submitting a privacy request by calling us at 234-248-4245.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
* Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
* Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
* Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
* Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise the free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
* Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal Penal Code 1546 et.seq.).
* Comply with a legal obligation.
* Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
You can exercise your right to delete by submitting a privacy request or by call us at 234-248-4245.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice withing a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
* Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
* Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to ninety days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically using JSON.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Right to Opt-Out – Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is at least 13 but not yet 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by calling us at 234-248-4245 or emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
* Deny you goods or services.
* Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
* Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
* Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate of good or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentive permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires you prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Green Mountain Sales, LLC collects and uses your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to submit a privacy request, call 234-248-4245 or email us at email@example.com.